Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
calling all WSOp OCU students

so, this is me...
  • 30 years old
  • recently received Halton start date as NCA
  • Have a girlfriend of 10 years who doen't want a part of the RAF lifestyle
  • Currently a mountaineering and climbing instructor
  • like most (or so it seems) want to go CMN and eventually SAR
I have read many threads here regarding wsop training/streaming etc and if you have DIRECT and RECENT EXPERIENCE, i would welcome some more info on the following...

1) once experienced, are SAR jobs as rare as charlie's golden ticket or are there many openings for wsops with the right experience and motivation?

2) are "budgets forcing safety corners to be cut" as much an issue as the press would allow us to think?

3) Is morale in the airforce/nca world as bad as all this and other sites make out?... or is this limited to a small bunch of miserable fkers who like to whine?

4) Being 30 - right on the upper age limit for wsop is this likely to have any +ve or -ve impact on my training / operational abilities and performance?

I guess what i'm ultimatley looking for is some reassurance that leaving a long loving relationship, a steady job and a comfortable lifestyle for RAF service will give me at least a % of what the careers office and the glossy brochures have assured me.

Open honest and constructive thoughts wecome. Although funny, jibes abpout paw spelling, dumb loadies and ready meal phd's ain't gonna help me on this one!!!
Cheers