PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Social Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 18:59
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks very much - has just about sunk in now but is being overshadowed by how much I have to sort out before I go!!

Stage 4 is awesome - I've always wanted to fly the 737 so if I get the Airbus at the end (not an issue in the slightest though I might add!) at least I can say I've tried one! Best thing to do is try to enjoy it and really be yourself. Try to act professionally - try to imitate the kind of conversation you might expect to be making when you are flying for real. I have over 60hrs SEP time so that made things easier in terms of knowing what everyhing did, and my coordination skills were perhaps slightly more honed but this is designed for complete beginners. I think they expect more from you the more experience you have. To give you an idea, I felt that if I were to deviate from my altitude by more than 100ft without making note of it and then correcting it, that would have been an issue. Also, tiny changes in pitch are how you make the thinig fly precisely - rather than using the Artificial Horizon as the central point of your intrument scan, use the VSI as this will give you the quickest indication if you are deviating. Very heavy in the steep turns - prepare for that. Also its IFR conditions so be aware. No maths questions for me - we just spoke about general handline charateristics of the 73 while doing a climbing turn - say standby if you need to concentrate before replying. Great fun though - just don't let the pressure get to you. Hope it goes well for you.