PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urgent:all Pilots In/out Lhr/lgw
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 16:28
the heavy heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep it!

lhr best system in the world. probably the best atc in the world.

a simple comparison between taxying round lhr at night and cdg should answer this question. whilst i'm sure the french think it's perfect (along with speaking french on the ground/twr freq) the simple fact is that on my few visits to cdg the most difficult aspect of the trip was the taxying without being lost or suffering a epileptic event. the sheer number of lights on that airfield, imho, are a distraction.

We spend our lives as professional aviators trying to increase our SA as much as is possible, whilst freeing up as much capacity as we can in order to supervise ourselves, our crewmates and our enviroment. Is this yet another example of an airline, this time BA, relying our professionalism to enable the management to reduce the saftey margins to increase profit?

We work for executives who hold our positions in contempt and treat saftey as a profit margin. I always assumed that my airline strived to be the safest airline in the world. It is with a heavy heart that i have realised that their only care is that we are safe enough, and then only just.