PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA about Permanent Residency
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 14:31
Thermal Image

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys!

I live in Switzerland now and I expect to settle in Singapore to apply for Singapore Airlines Cadet pilots sheme.

But they require a Permanent Residency

As I have a GCE O and a GCE A, do you know how long it will take for me to get the PR? And which Job is appropriate to get the PR according my school education?

I've also heard that some cadets went trough the 1st Interview with an Employment Pass only, do you think it would be a way to get in the selections for me also?

I'm quite worried about these procedures, because I expect to settle in Singapore in two or three weeks.

See you, thanks, and have a nice day!

Ozman
The way you craft your questions suggests that you are applying for permanent residence on your own merits and not as part of a family unit eg maybe your father is coming here and is being offered permanent residence, and as his son you are thinking of riding on his coat tails and getting permanent residence.

You also seem to think that applying for permanent residence on your own is like opening an account at Amazon.com.

If you are asking what the requirements are, and the time needed to process the application, then clearly you have not visited the appropriate government website.

I'll save you some time - if you think that you can get permanent residence first by just applying for it like a video library card, with no job in hand, then forget it. Don't even bother.

And BTW, the MINIMUM requirements are Os and As. But nearly ALL the applicants have degrees. Some have TWO.