PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline bonding and redundancy
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 12:21
RSinha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you said; a few years down the line things aren't going as expected, and you implied that the only option is to leave the industry.. That too is a fairly unique situation, and I cannot see the industry altering its policy on the merit of something which applies to what is an insignificant fraction of the work force.

Would the bailiffs come knocking? They would have every right to. A contract of employment is legally binding, and should they take you to court after defaulting the term of the bond, you would not have a leg to stand on.

Would I like a company whereby there was no bond? It would be nice. Are there any? Well as far as I know, BA don't bond you. Thats the only one I'm aware of. All very idealistic, however, and I'm fairly certain that all but the smallest minority (ie. you) have no problem with the principle of bonding. Furthermore, at the start of your last reply, you agreed with the idea.

Thanks for the heads up and advice at taking a look at the world around me. I'll take that on board. Not sure what you mean by it, but I'll do it anyway.

Maybe I own a company or I'm management? My company is merely an offshore investment vehicle to protect my many, many millions of pounds from Gordon .

Perhaps not, but maybe one day!

Your amazement at my condoning bonding really is proof that you need to take a good look around. It's nothing new, it's well within reason, and its generally percieved as a perfectly acceptable means of reimbursment for a costly investment made in you.

There are one or two bonding/line training schemes that we all know about, which are so convoluted, the wool is pulled over most everyones eyes, but they are few and far between, and they require a financial outlay from the pilot too, so they are irrelevant in this argument.

Take a look around the industry, and take stock. In an ideal world, things would be different. Sadly, there's no such thing. Short of BA, you will need a bond unless you pay the TR. Stop making embarassing statements comparing and airlines TR bond with slavery, because it makes you sound desperate. Look up slavery in a dictionary. If its no different to being an airline pilot, then you won't mind switching over .