PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your help needed: BBC News questionnaire on flying hours
Old 16th Apr 2007, 11:54
Airbus38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I'm another cynic, uniformed and maybe not best placed to comment.

"Tv expose ... Sixty minute documentary ... log books and rosters should be crunched"

Who mentioned anything about tv or 60 minutes? Not me. The research is continuing as it has done for the last two months. If, and only if, we have enough credible evidence to support a programme will the format and scope be decided.
So, if you are a balanced sort, only interested in presenting the facts, be they positive or negative, are you trying to tell us that if you find that everything is working swimmingly you will, perhaps, make a documentary entitled "Aren't Low Cost Airlines Great?" or perhaps "Why It's now safer to fly than ever?"

I really doubt it. Because that's not a sensational story at all. I am struggling to think of a Panorama based upon how fantastic an industry is.

I feel that there are two outcomes possible. Either a highly critical documentary will be made, or no documentary will be made. By filling in this questionnaire, you make the former more likely, whether intentionally or not.

Please be careful.