PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flight planning software
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 10:02
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the web based version of Flitestar. While it is quite good I'm disappointed with it because the VFR map is absolutely useless and completely lacks detail.
Thats because it is only a basic depiction of the Jepp VFR charts. If you want full VFR chart detail then you subscribe to the Jepp Rasta chart service which gives you incredibly detailed VFR charts.

Jepp is expensive when you add on all the bits that are on your wish list, but they are the only people that cater to the wish list.

I can plan a flight from Leicester to Brest, IFR. I get a full airways routing, I get the plates for departure and destination. Brest is IFR so full set of IFR IAP plates. Leicester is VFR so a the Bottlang VFR plate. I get the enroute airways charts. I get a fully detailed VFR map from the rasta library scaled to whatever size I want for the destination and any diversion. All printed out and ready to go. If I am doinbg an IFR airways exit to a VFR field I only need a 1:500,000 mil chart of around 40 miles this fits fine on an A4 page in full 1/2 mill detail.

Fantastic service but you pay the price!