PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loans for funding flying training.
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 09:34
John001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Irish type rating loan- suggestions?

Hello,

I've recently passed an interview and simcheck with an Irish airline and have been offered a position on their type rating course (Yipee ) which is a self-sponsoring position.
Would anyone be able to offer any advice as to which finincial institution(s) I might approach regarding a loan?

I have an account with AIB and the local credit union. However before I approach either of them I'm trying to become a little more informed about what exactly I should be looking for in a loan as well as developing an awareness of the potential caveats which may be associated with procuring a loan.
I understand that "secured" loans normally have a lower APR than "unsecured", does the rate vary significantly?
There is also the matter of fixed versus variable rate loans.

A colleague of mine had an unpleasant experience with the Credit Union: apparently they increased the rate of interest without informing him. This is the type of thing I'm attempting to pre-emptively avoid.
Awareness is all important and as such I must admit that my knowledge in this area is distinctly lacking.

I have indeed found some useful information using the search option however I'd be interested to hear more about the individual experiences of others.

[Cliste- You said that "there is a way" regarding Irish loans, which way is that?]

Kind regards,

John.