PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF L/H accomodation possible changes
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 09:21
speedbirdhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
regionalguy,
if you cant see that the political issues re "casualisation" ought to be of interest to just about every wage earner in Australia then I can't help you.

It seems your overiding concern is that a spotlight that has been focused on the shorthaul FAAA.

I'm sure that there are many who share my view that an ex union official profiting handsomely from the undermining of Australian full time jobs is more than a little news worthy. The fact that his business shares the same address as the union makes it even more so..........

The divisional flying agreement sets the ratio of shared flying between shorthaul and longhaul on both the 767 and A330 aircraft types.

The "flexing" between the two affording QF the ability to manage peaks and troughs in the business cycle.

It was also "supposed " to be designed to prevent the need to make crew redundant in lean times.

What stinks of course is that QF are artificially creating surpluses in their cabin crew numbers by training both New Zealand based crew and casuals in Australia hand over fist at the same time as they are making redundant full time crew.

"McJob" anyone..........?