PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline bonding and redundancy
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2007, 09:20
winkle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twas 6 years R of S for the Mil post OCU this was after the multi million pound scheme coupled with the laws linked to military service. these laws prevent an individual from opting out when the guns start firing.
Now of course the airlines want you to stay after THEY have paid for your type rating and quite rightly, however, there are plenty of circumstances that cause people to change their minds. (I think they call it a cooling off period). It is when you have after a few years down the road realised that things arnt quite working out and the only option is to leave the industry. what does happen then, do they send the bailiffs round or do they take you to court and then throw you in a debtors prison. yes i realise that you may never work again for a major company certainly not one with a bonding policy.
would you not prefer a system whereby there was no bonding because the company you worked for and the job you did so good that you would never contemplate leaving.
As for slavery or fuedalism maybe i am using too strong a word here and we will just use the term bonding, just look up the meaning in the dictionary.
I am amazed that you condone bonding of any sort you must be in management or own the company.
to put it simply my personal viewpoint is that bonding is modern day slavery.
open your eyes you might see a bit more of the world around you.