PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 15th Apr 2007, 19:03
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old age & COFs

Hi all you fellow OAPs.

Another pennorth for the pot.

Last week I duly visited LGW for my 'Stress ECG' which is apparently now to be known as an 'Exercise ECG'

The kindly reception doctor took me gently through the briefing, by telling me that once over 60, the average male has a 1% chance of a heart attack every year, hence the ECG requirement. However, he probably raised my blood pressure a tad, by also telling me that if I tested 'positive' (didn't think I was up for an HIV check !) I'd be leaving the office without a licence.

But following a failure, we can then opt for a more rigorous test involving blood colour injections and some radioactive treatment testing. Apparently this higher test standard is a more accurate indication of forthcoming heart trouble. But it will cost you a whisker under a grand sterling.

Being fairly fit, I was delighted to waltz through the standard nine minutes. and left with my ticket (and ticker!) still intact. But the odd thing is I'm now cleared for another four years ! So I ask myself what happened to the 1% per annum possibility.

Anyway, I'd like to re-affirm my financial offer to Ian, and bless you Ian for the effort on behalf of we COFs and the old uns in our industry.

PS Any of the HEMS confined area picture situations produced by an 'over sixty' ?

Take care all,

Dennis Kenyon.