PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your help needed: BBC News questionnaire on flying hours
Old 15th Apr 2007, 14:43
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bomber Harris,
What I'm attacking is the instantaneous attacks on the BBC as a "left wing" organisation.

I have had a look at the questionaire and it is is missing a fair few points that would be useful IMHO.

However, whilst you say that any decent Uni student would laugh at the idea of having a fixed idea before starting research, this is true to a certain extent, but the same student would also laugh at the thought of using a survey as the basis for a piece of research.

This will survey would hopefully only make up a small amount of the "facts" with an awful lot more supporting evidence around it.

The fact that Danny and Pprune Towers are giving this their backing says a lot to me and I'll bet they've had a lot more contact with Ian Shoesmith than any of us.

Pilots are by nature a suspicious bunch, but this hounding does no-one any favours. If you don't want to fill in the survey, then don't, but don't let your preconceptions about the journalistic fraternity guide your actions.

There are scum bag journalists out there certainly, but in the same way there are some sh*thouse pilots as well.