PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From New Zealand to Barbados Not Via USA.
Old 15th Apr 2007, 05:40
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi JohnnyK,

Thanks for the update and am happy to hear you made it in one form or another to your destination.

There is a joke that goes something like this:

A business man runs up to to an airline ticket counter in the airport, red in the face, sweaty, out-of-breath, saying, "Miss, you must help me! I need to get to (destination) in the worst possible way!"

The smartly dressed and polite airline employee points to the counter across the hallway and says "oh sir, that would be with American Airlines."

I've had my own "experiences" as a passenger with American Airlines. They are my last choice in travel if I have options.

In the United States there is no exit stamp in the passport, however, the airline should have taken the Green or White landing card that they stamped upon your entry in the United States. They turn that over to US Immigration. If you still have it, I would contact the US Consulate there to ask for instructions on how to turn it back into the US Immigration authorities (assuming you are not returning to the United States within the 90 days of your original entry), otherwise, it can cause problems when you go to the United States in the future.