PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Standard SOPs..... DO or ....don't
Old 14th Apr 2007, 20:34
World of Tweed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Boeing Standard SOPs..... DO or ....don't

Hello all,

Just thought I'd pose a question here. . . nee discussion....

My employer is currently adopting the so-called "Boeing Standard" SOPs across both of our fleets.

Within the airline I believe it is generally understood that the reason for this change is to facilitate Mixed-fleet-flying between two (distinctly different) types.

On the basis that Boeing refused (or couldn't be bovvered) to make the Hardware the same therefore having to modify the Procedures to remove as much risk as possible from operating both types.

Today, however, Galley FM broadcast that ALL airlines are having to adopt the Boeing Recommended SOPs as a matter of potential legal recourse.

It is understood that Boeing are basically implying; "operate OUR way or we take no responsibility for any incident that occurrs as a result of company customised SOPs".

I would just like to gauge if other UK airlines are also being "aligned" to the Boeing Books? If so, what reasons are being given for your respective changes?

Last edited by World of Tweed; 14th Apr 2007 at 20:39. Reason: Spellink n'gramma