PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2007, 16:03
calimityjane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi md13,
I have been cc with ek for over 6 years now and still enjoy it! To answere some of your questions. The training is 6 weeks and it incorporates 2 weeks of safety and emergency training, 1 week of first aid and 2 weeks of service. The first week is what they call induction week. Basically filling in lots of forms, medical, a tour around and a chat with the Locals about the place. Uniform and shoes etc are supplied free of charge so no panic there. The trainers are great and they do take it very seriously but also try to make it fun. As for furnished apt, it has most things. Nothing major for you to buy. You might get put in with a new person like you or someone who has been here a while. If the latter is the case they might have got everything already like toaster, kettle, tv and dvd etc...
As for cash... Bring as much as you can as like most of us when we got here had to buy bits and peices and while the company give you cash when you arrive you have to pay it back! Also we got taken in by the great shopping!!
As for your friend that has not heard back yet... No news is good news...

I hope you find this info good and if you need any more let me know!

See you on line soon!
CJ