PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF L/H accomodation possible changes
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2007, 13:59
stubby jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SHOCK ....and awe

OK Shockwave.......can I ask whats your age?????????

If you're so into looks and image as the sole criteria for judging an airline and so keen for the "old timers-35 years" to bail then who is going to manage these people?

You're other mate- "Lower Section" also thinks its time for new blood. Well buddy let me tell you :
You try and manage a group of 6-8 ....19 year olds on a full '400 with no IFE and a few busted toilets en route from AKL-LAX.
You talk about "Veterans" well -these are the ones that put their hands up when the going gets tough. Some of your "Ozi kids" just run and hide in the toilets.

Don't get me wrong.......I've got nothing against a new breed of "young Ozi's coming thru. In fact, I was going to encourage my daughter ( a Uni graduate ) to join for a few years{she is 24 -FYI }. But not now. Under the Howard Govts pathetic IR laws and the QF policy of only recruiting MAM casuals or O/s crew......forget it!!!!
Why would any "young Ozi" want to join , when there is no career progression and you are staring down the barrell of CUTS in hard fought conditions.
I would still argue that the best crew we have are those that join us as FULL TIME OZI's-24-28 yrs old (young). They have lived a bit of life, can handle themselves under pressure, work in a Team, have a sense of humour, don't take crap from drunks and can deliver great OZI service that we're famous for......easy!!!

SO THINK...... before making ridiculous , broad , unsubstantiated statements. Because one day you too will reach the ripe old age of 35 and then realise that you're in a career that you love and make a difference for people.
Not all over 35 CC's are -UGLY, LAZY, TIRED , OVER PAID , LEFT WING LOONIES , as you describe.
Me thinks , you're one of those who have been looking out over too many horizons fantasizing about your next "white with one" delivered by a hostie who has the look of "I want your baby" in her eyes.

Go and find your self a mirror and take a long hard look into to the eyes that you see. Shake the sand off your self.
Then go back and read your last post Shockwave.

Last edited by stubby jumbo; 14th Apr 2007 at 22:30.