PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2007, 12:01
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again Dolley

I think you were probably right describing the LGW crew as nutcases, with one of the girls who will have been with you! (Mean't in the nicest possible way of course! )

Usually the OPM will be onboard on both flights as a SNY (unless they have changed it from when I did my check flight). When I did my check flight it worked as follows:

Number Two - Sat at rear double crew station outboard and in charge of D2R
Number Three - Sat at rear single crew station and in charge of D2L
Number Four - Sat at rear double crew station inboard - arming D1R only
You - Sat at forward crew station outboard and in charge of D1L
OPM - Sat at forward crew station inboard - disarming D1R only

At LGW the OPM still flies as a SNY, so I am guessing that you will have more crew added to both your coaching and check flights at some point before the duty day arrives.

Whilst you might be thinking that your alloted duties are pretty horrible, try thinking in a positive. The PRG-SXF is sufficient time for you to queston the OPM about everything you want to ask, and get all services completed to standard. The CDG-NCE, whilst the CDG is fairly short, it will pass by quickly before you know it, and then you will have the longer NCE sector when you will hopefully be more relaxed - after all by the time you do the NCE you will have been an SCCM (in theory) for 7 sectors at that point

Make sure though that you plan your briefing questions properly for both days. I did on my coaching flight "emergencies on the ground" (as in attention crew at stations) and I asked each crew member what they would do in the event of hearing that, and followed it up with (for each crew member) what each of the possible outcomes could be depending on what you hear from the flight deck (that was back in the days of 2 SEP + 1 First Aid questions in the briefing). For the check flight I did something simple which I think was the fire drill (non-specific) and then I asked the OPM to tell me the signs that you would get in the cabin if the toilet smoke detector activates.

Do you know how to do everything on the FAP? - make sure your SCCM's next week show you lights, pre-loaded PA's and music if you don't

I am sure you will be fine though, and will pass your check flight with flying colours!