PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF L/H accomodation possible changes
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2007, 09:48
speedbirdhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
midsection,

you speak of senior crew as if we would be all better off without them.

Give me them as the foundation to a crew ANY day over the new breed that are replacing them out of AKL.

Senior crew are for the VERY most part organised, co-operative, professional and team orientated not to mention having both the experience, maturity AND common sense to know what to do and say and when to say and do it.

Large numbers of crew coming out of AKL these days are not only unpleasant, unco-operative, lazy and immature as to be next to useless onboard but their most vocal critics are those KIWIS preceeding them who's employment was conditional on them meeting personal AND professional standards.

Those who recruit over there are reporting that they are seeing people they rejected as being unsuitable years ago now wearing our uniforms.

As I mentioned before..........even front teeth are now optional!!!!

The pay and conditions being offered in AKL being so poor that it's reported by those who were there that 3 people turned up at the Wellington open day recently.

When I joined 20 years ago the odds were 1 in a 100 on getting the gig and these odds went a long way to ensuring that QF found suitable candidates.

Now the AKL base management are so desperate that they send text messages to existing crew asking if any of their friends want jobs as FA's.
Were was Lisa Robinson employed again......?

Business and Economy class passenger satisfaction levels are on the slide according to QF and they will continue to do so if these [and other] trends continue.

The cabin crew trip swap website is full of customer service supervisors trying to dump AKL-LA trips as they don't want the unpleasant task of flying with our [what did you call them? ] "new blood".

The sooner the base is operationally independant of Australian based crew the better AFAIK.

So far removed from the reality of actually what happens on board our aircraft that you surely must be management.

How are those surveys looking again................... ?

Last edited by speedbirdhouse; 14th Apr 2007 at 10:03.