PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2007, 21:18
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dolley

Best of luck with the coaching and check flights. What routes have you got for each?

Make sure that you look at your crew on your roster for both days and for goodness sake make sure you have the right people in the right role on each day!

If one of your crew is a really experienced crew member, make sure they are your Number Two - and they can ensure everything runs smooth in the back of the aircraft. If you have a relatively new crew member onboard, make sure they are your Number Three, and emphasise to the Number Two to make sure that they keep an eye on the Three to make sure they stay inline.

Oh - and when I had my check flight, I made the mistake of having a wanabee SCCM as the Number Four. He was a total nightmare and kept trying to run the show, things got so bad that I had to pull him up during boarding on the second sector and at the end of the day the OPM pulled him up as well and told him that his behaviour was completely out of line!!

If there is anything that you are unsure of, make sure that you ask your OPM during your coaching flight (even if you feel silly asking) as the OPM is there to help you. As you know, your OPM is not supposed to answer questions during your check flight, so make sure you cover yourself for any unsure of eventualities. (NB - if something does happen during the check flight that is really unusual and you have never had it happen before, then you can approach the OPM and tell them what has happened, they probably will not give you an outright answer, but they will steer you in the right direction).

Was you in GVA with around 3 or 4 LGW crew by any chance?