PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captured Personnel Permitted to Tell Stories for Money
Old 13th Apr 2007, 21:10
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRENAPPS,
I don't wish to get into your questioning of insults etc. however you must understand that feelings are running particularly high over the recent events.

These 15 sailors did NOT do as they were supposed to, post capture. Their conduct was little short of pathetic in my opinion. But should they have spoken whilst they were in Iran? Well very possibly Yes, especially if it stopped a beating for them or something worse.

But should they have blatantly sold their story when they were returned? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
It was, without question, a most deplorable thing to do, and they and the RN in general should be thoroughly ashamed. I cannot think of anything so disgraceful, especially so when we remember the other events of last week, and the repatriation of 4 real heros yesterday.

So do try to appreciate that many members of our Forces feel extremely strongly about what these 15 did (and didn't) do, and it is perfectly understandable that many servicemen and women are going to use language that might not always be PC, but frankly, I think they are perfectly entitled to their 'strong' and valid opinions.

The Winco