PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2007, 20:19
RICON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absurd!

I have been following threads on this site for some time now but have always been reluctant to get involved however this thread has broke me.

I would like to say that it is sad that the last post prior to this one is almost a week old. It seems to me either people have now got bored with it or like myself do not always believe in airing their views in this manor, either way the members of this site at the higher end of the CoC I’m sure will be sitting behind their desks thinking “well that’s the worst of it over and its all calm waters from here on“. I beg to differ. I’m hoping that the reason there has been little interest recently is that individuals are carefully planning their future on this one and seeking some sort of Legal Advice.

It would be a shame if DAAVN was again allowed to sell us down the river with everyone sitting back and accepting yet another change to the regulations which where in force when most of the worst affected individuals qualified from Middle Wallop.

I have been informed by a reliable source that Comd JHC himself has recently visited one of our Regiments to talk about FSI following a recent accident, and this was raised as the first discussion point in what was perceived as an open forum. He left having discussed nothing about FSI but did say the following comments on this matter:

This is in to stay and is very unlikely it will be changed or rectified, there has been no changes made to the current regulations as this has always been the regulations on flying pay which has been over looked for such a long time”

The Army Air Corps is currently over strength with pilots so a few pilots leaving will not effect the manning a great deal, it will take a lot more than normal to leave before any sort of FRI would be considered by the AFPRB, and it is unlikely that the amount of pilots who will leave would be any where near the amount required”

“DAAVN will be publishing an article in the next DAAVN Bulletin to explain in more clearer terms the new regulations and why it has now come into force”

I have no reason to believe that the quotes above were not said but I’m sure if this is not a true and accurate account then someone in the higher CoC will be more than happy to correct me and give us all an accurate account of what exactly was said on this matter.

Hearing the above, I now accept that this is not going to be corrected as we all are hoping, and I’m sure if it is the case where the Army Air Corps is so over manned with pilots then they will not be too affected by me Terminating my service and taking the leap into the civilian market where life will be a lot more pleasant and secure for both myself and my family.

I now intend to inform my CoC immediately on return from Easter Leave of my intentions.

It has been a pleasure serving and flying in the Army Air Corps, but I will now happily take my experience to someone who will not only benefit from it, but also respect it.