PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet - Wannabees & Recruitment (merged)
Old 13th Apr 2007, 18:42
Dolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scotslasslaura:

Great that you are interested in a career with easyjet. I personally love it, I hope you will too!

Anyway, here's some answers for some of your questions:

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know if they are recruiting for GLA in the near future. My advice would be to apply anyway if EDI is a short-term option at all.

The network is always expanding and sooner or later they'll hire more staff for GLA. Don't forget that the whole interview process and the initial training will take quite a while...who knows...maybe by then it's already an option.

If you've got to go to EDI take it as an experience and transfer as soon as possible back to GLA. If EDI is not an option at all you will have to wait...but if you are as keen as you make out you probably won't want to wait. I waited forever until they where recruiting for my preferred base and in hindsight I wish I had applied sooner and dealt with the base later....but that's just me.

About the course you are doing...not sure about easyjet's view on things but I could imagine they view it a bit as wasted money (well, I do and I don't know any crew who bothered)...but obviously you are keen and trying to proof it which is good and I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Plus, if you get the job it might help you a bit.

They are even some companies that prefer new entrants with no experience because crew with experience have to 'un-learn' a lot and not just learn new stuff.
easyjet is not one of them as we are having lots of people who've been working for other airlines (from Ryanair to BA) before so I guess the course won't hurt.

So I don't believe the course will give you a disadvantage but I don't think it will give you a great advantage for getting the job either.
On the other hand it'll probably give you an insight into cc work and therefore show you if you really like to do it as much as you thought and that alone is priceless.

Good luck.