PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing Commander R H M ("Bobby") Bobby Gibbes DSO DFC & Bar
Old 13th Apr 2007, 11:43
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another brilliant and brave Airman has left us. God bless him and give him clearance all the way home.

It stuck me that Mrs Loco and I may have actually got something right at the Waverley RSL in Melbourne after the funeral for my father who was a LAME for the RAAF before TAA.

One son - the shortass 6'4" eldest boy was doing the rounds with food platters talking to neighbours and rels he had never met, but Casey - the 6"7.5" underachiever (not) was found in a circle of WW2 bomber command and crew totally wrapt in discussion. I did dally and was amazed at the depth and perception of the questions he was asking them and even more amazed with his ability to absorb and comment on the answers he was recieving. The old boys loved him and Daniel and Casey still stand amazed with what they did in Lancasters, Blenhiems, Beaufighters and the like.

Casey and Daniel were born airline brats and as such are tainted, but they do know who made their world the way it is today and waht sacrifices they made.

God bless you Bobby Gibbes. My life is significantly lessend for not having met you.

Clear two Bobby.

EWL