PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess we all know it's not the healthiest job...
Old 13th Apr 2007, 09:02
Pandora's Box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys i have a couple of sad stories regarding this job being unhealthy and also dangerous...

Had a lady on a flight a couple of weeks ago and she was wearing a sars type mask, i asked her why she was wearing it (incase it was anything i needed to be concerned about) and she said she picked up a life threatning disease on a flight once so now everytime she flies she has to wear this mask to protect herself. That could quite easily be one of us one day

But this is a very sad story......A couple of days ago was on a flight. When i was boarding my paxs, an absolutely stunning girl came on in a wheelchair, she was about my age (late 20's), she could'nt even do the stairs and had a walking stick with her during the flight, bless her. As i got chatting to her, she told me she used to be Cabin Crew but she had a freak accident during a flight which has left her like that. I dont want to give any more detail as to what happened to her as its not my place to say....

However guys, please be careful at work, dont take anything for granted. Make sure your extra careful when opening lockers and always make sure any equipment above your crew seat is well and truly secure for when you are sitting their.....That last story really upset me and i will never take anything for granted again