PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captured Personnel Permitted to Tell Stories for Money
Old 13th Apr 2007, 09:01
vee-tail-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm...most of you guys are just as conditioned in your thoughts, just as certain of the importance of doing your duty, as I was when I joined the RAF. I was a young man in love with aeroplanes, but one day I grew up, and realised that the organisation that had trained me and fed me and to which I had given my loyalty, was in fact a killing machine. The selectors at Biggin Hill were looking for people with an aptitude to fly, and enough initiative to carry out a mission successfully, not not bright enough to figure out the big picture for thermselves. Seems as if not much has changed! I was lucky and joined the airlines, visiting many battlefields, including the Falklands, during the next 25 years. In each case I found the official history of a conflict was at odds with what actually happened, particularly with regard to the Falklands. One day YOU may find out the true nature of war. It is NEVER heroic; it is just pepole killing people, combatants, non-combatants, women, children, alike. The politicians lie about the reasons for war, the generals lie about the conduct of the war. The winners turn lying into an art form, by re-writing the history of the war, and executing or imprisoning the losers, so that truth itself becomes a victim. In an unexpected and curious way, the RN 15 have shown the truth of my assertions, and de-bunked the whole "War Heroes doing their Duty" myth.