PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai - Expats with GCC licences to take fresh driving test
Old 12th Apr 2007, 15:26
jai6638

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Granted that its possibly the case.. However, I have seen the Caucasians do it too.. Its contagious and you just can't blame a few ethnicities for it... Traffic leads to frustration which leads to bad driving. We are all human so the any of the "first-world" country drivers arent exempt!

Moreover, another thing that pisses me off about US driving is how undecisive and unattentive some people are on the roads here! The driving test here in the US is a JOKE! The test for my friend was, back out of the parking slot, take a right, another right, stop at the stop sign, another right, and back in! Imagine my friend driving in Dubai ( or even NYC for that matter).. It'd be a nightmare.. Hence, I think the rule of making the process equal makes sense..

1. If your road map is more than a few weeks old, throw it out and get a new one.
Road map? What road map? I didnt know people used road maps in Dubai and that in fact, Dubai even had road maps for public use..

Its sad actually.. Dubai was so much better in the 90's... A nice and slow city with relatively organized driving! When I go back, I dont recognize it anymore! Everyone's frustrated..

Last edited by jai6638; 12th Apr 2007 at 15:43.