PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loans for funding flying training.
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2007, 22:00
preduk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Adam,

Good to see some young blood continuing the aviation dream!

I myself am hoping to begin my 2009, as I'm currently at University Studying Law (nothing to do with aviation, but thought the course could be fun ).

If I were you, I would try and join your local cadet force. The cadets can teach you a lot of good skills that you can take into the airline business.
I was in the cadets for a long time, from the age of 13 and ended up going solo with them, meaning I didn't need to pay as much for my PPL.

The funding issue is a problem, but it's just a risk that must be taken in order to get to your dream, sadly.

I myself, run my own company and work Monday to Friday as well as collect all my student loans and student bursarys, which are put towards flying.

CTC is a good organisation, but don't think they are all Posh private school boys and girls. I have met two people who have went to CTC, one being my old girlfriend and the other a collegue at my flying club at Prestwick. Both got in because they were excellent pilots who had worked hard at high school and university and got accepted.

However, there are several other schools which are excellent such as Cabair, Oxford Aviation Training, Stapleford etc these schools all have great names. You should read the many reviews on this forum, try using the search tool.

Best of luck!

P.S this isn't a Aussie and Nz forum