PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 11th Apr 2007, 21:59
kissmysquirrel

Flying Lawyer, I am one of the first people to help out those begining in this industry. I have regularly gone out of my way in the past to help ppl's and newbie cpl's gain hours/jobs etc. I have even managed to help a regular contributor on Rotorheads to gain employment not too long ago. I didn't have to do this but I do it because if I feel someone isn't taking the p%%s, and they have a love for flying, then I can give something back. I know my previous posts may have indicated that my personality was 'anti' everything and everyone, but it is only really an online persona (i think).

As for the 60 year limit on commercial flying, well I agree that it's discrimination when the government want people to work longer in life, but only certain sectors it would seem.

It just isn't fair to have one rule for one and not for all. Don't get me wrong, I was only trying to create discussion, not put people down for wanting to continue flying. On the contrary. I hope to fly for as long as I possibly can.

ps, I hope Heliport can see i'm keeping my promise and behaving!