PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Applying to the RAF
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2007, 20:43
Papillon83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt,

Having found myself in a similar situation to yourself 2 years ago, I read your post with interest. I too applied to NATS (was unsuccessful at final interview stage - like you, no feedback) and then applied to the RAF for ATCO. It took around 5 months after registering my initial interest with the AFCO to be invited to OASC.

If you are invited - be prepared for questions along the same vein as L1A2's thread
''If you wanted to be in the RAF why did you not apply to them first?''

And more importantly be sure that you really do want to go the military route - it was made very clear to me that you are assessed on your potential to be an officer first and foremost.. and your potential to be an ATCO takes the rear seat. And remember if you are successful at OASC you may not even be offered an ATCO position - I was strongly advised to choose more than one branch during the application process.

After four days at Cranwell I knew being an ATCO was more important to me than anything else (also obvious to my interviewers!!), and so I reapplied to NATS... put in a lot of hard preparation, and this time was successful!!

So, do your research... be sure of your priorities...and if you need to, reapply - it certainly shows great motivation!

Good luck to you, whichever route you choose!