PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot jailed (alcoholism & pilots)
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2007, 12:29
golden06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think this argument has two well founded sides to it. You all make relatively pertinent points. however, i have a more simplistic way of looking situations like these. Life is like two escalators, one going up and one going down. I think we've all been on both at different stages in our lives. It's my belief that those going up have a responsibility to help those going down, rather than turn their backs to them and watch them fail. If this respected and experienced pilot slipped up, it could have happened to the best of us. I mean in fairness it's not as if he planned on making such a mistake, so why hold it against him? If anything imagine how careful he'll be if he ever did get his license back. Although you might say i'm naive (I'm not a pilot yet), I think people deserve second chance, with the right help and rehabilitation. It's so easy to make judging remarks when you feel invincible. But wait till something happens to you, and other people turn their backs on you rather than give a helping hand... anyway that's what i think, I'm not going to get into an argument/debate with someone over it.