PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Gulf Air issues (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2007, 05:14
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Ironbutt but your example is analgous to the people who claim you cannot be against the war in Iraq and still support the troops - utter bullcrap.
You can be a team player at GF and still take issue with pay (and housing) and conditions.

This is to be confirmed but last I heard they are moving a couple 767 Fo's to the 320 and 'requiring' them to sign bonds once again. Well, I would take exception also. It is unfair. They hired the guy - if they force him let him continue his current bond.

The pay here does not meet the standards elsewhere in the Gulf (or Aisa or Europe..........). SO GF can match or people will leave. THIS IS BUSINESS!!!! In the same way that you support GF plans to be viable there should be no issue with people looking for better pay and conditions elsewhere. GF tries to make a profit and so do we as individuals. That does not make me or others lesser people, non-team players or however many other terms you would like to drag up.

Options - B1900????? Lots of others incluiding 747's in Asia, ME airlines, left seat 737 inb Canada etc etc etc.

Sitting in the left seat I think you have difficulty being objective. I have a family to support - THEY COME FIRST..everytime. The next housing increase and schooling increase freezes me out of being able to afford to live here. So I will leave. Call it what you like but in this 'new' modern world the biz people liek to talk about I'll take my personal business to where it makes sense.

Last edited by Trader; 11th Apr 2007 at 05:27.