PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia A321 brakes failure @ Naples
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2007, 00:12
high-hopes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is from the ANSV website (which is the Italian equivalent of AAIB, or NTSB if you prefer)
http://www.ansv.it/IE/Detail.asp?ID=801

I am no Airbus expert, (in fact I am no expert at all) just translating from the Italian website.

Serious incident in Napoli Capodichino

ANSV have opened a technical investigation into the serious incident happened yesterday 9th April, 22:40 local time, to the A321 registration I-BIXK at the Napoli Capodichino airport.
Immediately after touchdown, the pilot noticed a total malfunction of the braking system, declared an emergency and proceeded into slowing down the landing run with thrust reversers only; not being able to come to a stop, they took a taxiway at slower speed and turned to the opposite direction thus coming to a halt.
There were no injuries among the 182 passengers and crew on board.

Inconveniente grave a Napoli Capodichino
L’ANSV ha aperto un’inchiesta tecnica per inconveniente grave sull’evento occorso ieri 9 aprile, alle 22.40 locali, all’aeromobile A321, marche I-BIXK, sull’aeroporto di Napoli Capodichino.
Subito dopo l’atterraggio, il pilota, riscontrando il totale malfunzionamento dell’impianto frenante, dichiarava emergenza, decelerando la corsa al suolo con il solo ausilio degli inversori di spinta dei motori; non riuscendo a fermarsi, impegnava, a bassa velocità, una via di rullaggio, sulla quale effettuava una inversione della direzione di provenienza, arrestando l’aeromobile.
Nessuna conseguenza per i 182 passeggeri a bordo, né per l’equipaggio.