PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JMC 250Kts Below FL100
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2001, 03:11
lowflyer

MCRIT..
Seeing as you have decided to become personal thought i would address your comments.Yes our colleague is absoluteley right and you are an engineers nightmare, and probably to all the road users around you as well, and anybody else who happens to get into the boundary layer of your ego.
I am a subscriber to 250 <FL100 and have never once had to ask ATC for extra miles..EVER. Why for 2 reasons, firstly i plan my descents carefully, with allowances for the unexpected (as any sensible airman would), and as we all know vs go down and slowdown, if you are already slowed down then the speedbrake will then make you go down. No doubt your sterling effort to arrive that 2 min earlier, is completeley lost by downtime in maintenance because you drive the machine like a company car. But of course you wouldnt be privy to that statistic or I doubt give a toss.
Am i qualified to make these comments? well 20 years as engineer Licensed on 1-11, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 320, DC10. A,C&E,I
Flt Eng , and now demoted to ATPL on one of the types you operate, gives me a far better all round view than you..I would love to hazard a guess at your background.
I suggest you show a little more respect for the guys who your life depends on !!!
By the way just how many G/A's have you done from screwed up approaches?
Chill and respect !