PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Gulf Air issues (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 15:20
tbaylx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This brings up a few interesting points for the Boeing guys in particular.

First, if I understand it there won't be any pilot layoffs due to a general shortage already. That mean all the Boeing pilots are going to have to try and find a sidestick in some plastic tonka toy jet. Is GF going to try and makes us sign bonds for the bus now, cause from my perspective that just ain't happening for me. You can train me or fire me, but no way am i signing another bond at these pay levels. If they won't put me on the bus if i don't sign another bond does that invalidate the current bond that i have left on the boeing? If so that would seem to be a good deal leaving me free to go where i chose unbonded. I suppose the other option would be to leave the current bond in place for it's duration, just switch fleet types, that would make the most sense to me.

Second are they going to adjust the pay package? Seems unlikely to me given the cost cutting measures goin on. If not, do they expect to retain flight deck?, cause no one i know can afford to hang out here at these current pay levels no matter how much they like it here. It'll be an intersting summer, hopefully i can find enough reasons to stay.