PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSOp Streaming
Thread: WSOp Streaming
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 14:23
ThePhoenix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left that museum a yr ago

Jizman,

It's good to see you've got your OASC date & best of luck with it. I left 55 Sqn 1 year ago & am about to go onto the OCU

The 55 cse is a cse for AEOps, taught by AEOps. You'll find a lot of the cse content pointless. In a 6 month period, there's only one week devoted to teaching the ways of the fixed wing/rotary loadmaster. If you're streamed the way of the loadie, you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, bitterness aside...

During the 6 months on 55 it's actively recommended you let people know your preference (i.e fixed wing, rotary wing, nimrod or linguist (which you are pre-streamed for anyway)) & they have a system for that. At the end of the cse, the powers-that-be sit in a room with a chap from Personnel HQ (at RAF Innsworth) & discuss each person indiviually. By the end of their meeting, your fate is decided.

My 55 Cse, started with 11 people & finished with 8. Of those 8, 1 wanted AEOp, 3 wanted fixed wing & 4 wanted rotary.

It turned out that 3 got AEOp & 5 got rotary. The 2 guys who got AEOp & didn't want it were mortified. They will try to give you what you want but if they don't need what you want, you won't necessarily get it.

The way they choose is:

The person with the highest academic score gets what he (or she...) wanted
The 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc go AEOp.

The rest go Loadie.

I'm waiting for the sneers & jibes to come through but the last 6 courses to have passed out of 55 all had that trend unless the person was pre-streamed (i.e the old system).

Hope it's some help but there's still a long way to go

ThePhoenix