PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sherburn Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 13:20
bogbeagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sherburn Aero Club

The AGM is on the near horizon and I thought that this would be a good time to inform the membership about the Industrial Tribunal which Sherburn is currently dealing with.

Most of the club members will know me as David Turner and be aware that I have instructed at Sherburn for a few years.

You may also be aware that, a few weeks ago, I was sacked. Shortly afterwards, Ray Price felt compelled to leave, citing management style as the primary agent.

What you probably don't know, is that I am taking the club to an Industrial Tribunal, claiming unfair dismissal. I'm contending that, during my time at Sherburn, I was actually an employee....in spite of the management's assertions that I was self-employed.

So, later this month, myself and your committee shall be attending a Pre-hearing Review at which my employment status will be officially determined.

If the Review determines that I was self-employed, the case stops there and I have no claim against Sherburn.

If it is determined that I was an employee, I shall then continue with the Tribunal process, claiming unfair dismissal. Other instructors, no longer with Sherburn, watch with interest; as do the Inland Revenue.

That said, I should very much like to resume my post at Sherburn, under a different regime. I have enjoyed my work at the Club and I like to think that I have been a good instructor and colleague.