PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Message to Ryanair pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 13:10
FL737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will commence my pilot training program at the end of the month!
Approx. time to a fATPL is 12-14months.
So, let's say for example, I will be finnished in June-July 2008.
Will the situation at Ryanair have changed by then or will it still seem as hopeless to me as it does today?

As all of you know initial flight training costs enough but the thought of another 30k for a type rating to gain employment scares the sh!t out of me!
My concern is, for example, I have completed my training with an FTO today without going into details regarding job opportunities out there at the moment, the airline that I have to best possible chance of being employed with is Ryanair. Form reading the posts here I would be crazy to do so.
So I will not jump in head first to Ryanair once I complete my training however, I may be forced to, I don't know. Obviously every ab initio pilot wants his/her first job ASAP and don't mind taking the short straw for starters BUT paying a company 30k or more to be treated like a dog seems unbelievable really. Or maybe I'm just being incredibly nieve regarding my chosen career path and it's the only way.

So all the best to all you current Ryanair pilots at the moment with your attempt to unionise the airline.
Think of us poor young guys and girls who are coming up as well as the current European pilot population.
We are dependant on you, If they continue to get away with it other airlines may follow.

P.S If there are any Ryanair pilots based at Cork or living in the Munster area that would be willing to meet with me and explain to me one on one what it's really like as a Ryanair pilot, you could PM me or email me. I would REALLY appreciate that.

Thanks.