PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSOp Streaming
Thread: WSOp Streaming
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 10:09
Wessex Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Bottom line, the training system is relatively short, work your butt off, show that you can fit into a multi crew environment without p155ing everybody else off (not every OASC graduate can do this) and keep your whinges to yourself, you may get lucky. Oh and remember this, it takes most trades at least a decade to get 3 stripes, do not take yours for granted or belittle them by acting like a dick after a pint of shandy."

Sage Advice Tiger Mate, that I wished I had!

I worked hard all through training, got good results in all the tests, although had a few 'Incidents' that ended up on my record (see Gatehouse Thread for Finningley Culture) but then over-relaxed when I got to Strawbs, got drunk, shot my mouth off, and pi55ed off a few of the old hairys in the mess. My Instructor was the Mess Manager.
I got Back-squadded and given an absolutely awful instructor (very short, moustachioed RS2000 driver for those there then) who then destroyed my confidence.
I then got chopped 2 days before heading off to Aldegrove for In-Theatre training on the Wessex, dropped back to AC, then decided to leave.