PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Question of Tax
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 09:06
tephlon-don

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tax

westie, my 2penneth:
3 definitions in uk tax, domicile (difficult to change, basically fathers birthplace) ordinarily resident (place where you spend average of more than 90 midnights in 4years(184 in first year)) and residence (place where you actually live.
you cant change domicile, you arnt going out for more than a few months and you will remain resident/ordinarily resident, so i dont see how you can get past it. All income will come in under gordons beady little eye and you must declare it otherwise its illegal.
You could i believe, get paid into an offshore company account (700pounds on intrnet) then only monies returned to you personally will come in under the tax net. So you could possible have the company pay for your next holiday etc however strictly speaking this would be benifit in kind, but as no money reaches uk shores there would be no way of chasing it. My theory is dont S**t on your doorstep though, so i would suggest no.

Getting paid in another currency(euro for exampl) will allow you to get a euro mortgage offshore on your onshore property save 1.5percent min on uk property and keep monies offshore as mortgage fund.Most offshore banks allow companies to pay mortgages etc. Again it depends on how complex you want to go.

thats how i see it, although please get proffesional advice before acting
regards

Last edited by tephlon-don; 10th Apr 2007 at 09:13. Reason: afterthought