PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helmets - Should you? and Which?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 06:54
Coconutty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpha Eagle is the newer version and is a bit lighter.
You can get them as standard or ANR versions.

I have tried both - the 200 after years of use was very comfy - the Eagle I tried ( which was a loan helmet ) wasn't as good in that respect, but I suspect it was because it hadn't been properly fitted to me.

The Eagle has a ratcheting mechanism for adjusting up the fit / tightness of the nape pad, compared to pulling the strings and locking them off under a screw head on the 200.

The internal padding is a little different - especially around the forehead region - best advice is to make sure you get it properly fitted to you by someone that knows what they are doing !

I spoke to a colleague a few months back that HAS had a new Eagle - properly fitted to them - and he assures me that it is more comfortable than his old 200.

There are fewer sizes of Eagle to choose from, but ( apparantly ) the range is designed to accommodate most head sizes.

Other benefits of the Eagle are that you can get a replacement rigid visor cover ( Kevlar ), for mounting an NVG bracket onto. This allows the visor to remain protected under the rigid cover.

Here's some pic's to show the difference :

( That's not ME wearing it ! )

AFAIK this is not an available option for the 200 and any bracket has to be mounted directly onto the shell.
The rigid visor cover is replaced by a velvet cover, and the visor cannot be lowered when the NVG's are attached.