PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who to fly for... no mud this time.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 06:18
yoohoo748

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who to fly for... no mud this time.

Hi there gents and ladies... that 'who to fly for in canada' was probably started with good intention, but then it got to be a mud slinging contest. I'm an overseas expat, that for one reason or another has avoided WJ and AC, not sure why, but at the time I had a bad taste in my mouth for each of them. That being said, I went overseas with the family. Not a bad gig, but in then next couple years it will be time to come back so that my son and future daughter/son can grow up in normal land. The choice I have is to find a good commuting gig out of the sand box or the orient, a frieghter job based in canada, but again with lots of time away from home. On the flip side there is working for a canadian outfit... WJ and AC seem pretty secure, advancement is slow, as are pay scales for the first few years. (I could be wrong, that is just what I have been told). Or a canadian charter outfit that may offer a quick or direct left seat, yet is here today and gone tomorrow.
Although it would be great to skipper a widebody, in the end it really boils down to lifestyle. Do I really want to spend MOST of my time on the road... My heart is split in two... decent cash and some fun overseas, or take the financial hit and work for a decent canadian carrier and spend more by the lake with the family. (as far as I see NOW... both AC and WJ have their merrits and I am sure have their own problems too.... let's not sling mud)
Guys/Gals that have been around since Christ left moosejaw as well as those that are still a little bit wet behind the ears are invited to reply. Again... let's keep the mud out of this...
Talk to you soon.... Happy Landings!!!