PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 10th Apr 2007, 05:38
PilotVD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test Feedback!

hey guys,
well sorry for the late feedback, wasn't in the mood yesterday after what i went through.
I also found the aptitude test tough n unfair to those who have not studied chemistry or biology at high school and for those who have done the science subjects ages ago.
personally, i have never done biology n did know the meaning of "osmosis", as for the physics bit I was kind of rusty but was lucky for chemistry as it is my favourite subject at high school,though i've not done it for 6 yrs since i last did it.

the test: reading comprehension was extract of articles from the reader's digest, the fonts were so small n the lines so close to each other that made reading a bit difficult. yeah they were tricky ones!!! luckily this time that there was only one correct answer to choose out of the four statements.

mental alertness: some sequences with numbers and "sequences" or pattern i don't how to refer them, with alphabets, i can't remember the exact example but just to give u an idea, if 'BIN' could be written as 'AHM', how would 'HOUSE' be coded as? n more stuff on this.
also there were questions like these, if if 'SOIL' is to 'EARTH' what would 'OXYGEN' is to..... 2 of the answers were GAS n ATMOSPHERE, i chose the latter.

computation(maths) which got pretty hard towards the end, some of them i had to make some educated guess. still it was not that hard but it was just the time constraint. i don't know why they've chosen this kind of numerical reasoning as one in the plane interprets charts, data or stuff like that n not evaluate complex mathematical problems!

n last bit as u've all heard already is the science n technical test.
formula of sulphuric acid, how can water be separated into hydrogen n oxygen, what happens to water when it is heated/ when it freezes does it contracts/expands /stays the same. speed of light,what do fertilizers do, meaning of galvanometer, isotope, what is a pipette, i went for a scientific measurement, the other answers were a bit weird.

yeah that's about it,

will let u guys know of the outcome, good luck.
cheers
VD