PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Extra Reserve Lines
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 04:00
Kamelchaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course I knew that this subject would ellicit many comments from those who are happy enough to sit back and do their minimum hours, not work on days off, etc etc.
At the end of the day we all live in different circumstances. Some need the money, some don't. Put very simply, I need the money. When I work extra hours, I do it for myself, not for the airline, nor for the guys who are happy to sit back because they have made their fortunes in property or wherever.
When I work extra, it's because I've negotiated other days off, got rid of ****ty flights, or any other number of things that suit me...not the airline.
I don't criticise guys who don't want to work on their days off because that's their choice, and they obviously don't have the financial commitments that I have. At the very least we still have the choice don't we?
Things won't change here in the short term..basings, significantly higher pay etc. I am leaving soon so I'm making hay while the sun shines. I certainly don't feel that I need to sacrifice my short-term financial wellbeing for the sake of other people's principles.