PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Remaining seated on the ground
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 01:32
AdamC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It's for every passengers safety. And if a passenger stands, particularly in turbulence, they are not only putting the safety of other passengers at risk, but importantly, potentially forcing a member of crew to leave their seat to sit them back down, and I would be very annoyed if any crew were injured as a result of a obstonate passengers."

I totally agree, 100%. Just a shame people cannot understand that when the seatbelt sign is on, it means its not safe to get up and move about the cabin.

People will proberbly continue to do it for many times to come.. But surely, it's not so much to ask? - If the crew are up and walking during turbulence, passengers should simply ask them as they are walking past for them to get a bag from the overhead for them, or ask to ask the flight deck if the passenger can go to the loo.. But no, people just get up and do as they please.

A few hard words from the flight deck should sort them out though, something along the lines of "The seatbelt sign is here for a reason, if you fail to observe it do not come complaining to me or the airline when your in hospital because of your actions" - Okay, maybe not that harsh, but thats what they deserve to be told.