PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian B737 runway overrun/crash
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 00:44
theamrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone says there is no "Flaps 30" .........
(which, as alleged above by others, does not exist )
galdian - I think you've mis-read comments from myself or Bomarc - which were stating that there is no flap relief at flaps 30 - only flap 40. So you are correct .

As far as your comments about CRM are concerned - I tend to agree with you. Bearing in mind the previous comments from those with an instructor's viewpoint - there is little point in lambasting pilots during simulator training, unless the importance of CRM becomes part of the entire organisations operating culture.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PK-KAR - that is quite a mouthful!
Although I'm not as sure on the classics (I presume same/similar),the NG's aren't exactly renowned for "aerobraking" ability with flaps 1 and 5 (beside the point that it's not 'recommended' anyway). So if on or near to the glide at 2,500' AGL - 272 kts IAS wasn't going to cut it, at least with small flap deployment and no speedbrake!
Just wondering if you know if the report mentions what the flap setting was at ground contact, or if the speedbrake was up during any portion of the descent? Maybe flap setting is one of the 'lost' parameters?