PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering join the RAF as Weapons Systems Operator
Old 9th Apr 2007, 22:47
Arrona12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering join the RAF as Weapons Systems Operator

Hello everyone,

I would like some advice. I am nearing the end of my degree at University and I ave the choice of going to work in a normal office job or joining the RAF. The job of the RAF that interests me is the Weapon Systems Operator (Electronic Warfare).

However, there is one major point for me to consider before I decide - I am engaged and we intend to get married shortly after I complete my degree.

What I am looking for is some information. What is the six weeks basic training like? I've heard mixed reviews, some say its fine, some say you get treated like crap - and that is an understatement to some of the things I've heard.

Postings in different countries; are these compulsary, as in your told your going and thats it. Or do you get to turn down those offers and stay on the base your currently assigned? Asking this as I believe, if I choose this route I would be married, and I know my bride-to-be is not keen on traveling.

Final question - whats the job of an aircrew like? Fun, boring, stressful or just plain dull?

Many thanks for those that reply, and sorry if this is posted in the wrong section!.