PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real Men don't go around - a fatal cultural flaw.
Old 9th Apr 2007, 22:28
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PK-KAR
- when I said "you know I'm right" (with smilies ) I was only joking - sorry if it came across as being serious;
- in wondering whether people are fed information that gives a true or deviating path I said "you", I did not mean you personally but anyone receiving information from someone else, not meant personally and probably could have been phrased better, apologies;
- I still reckon voicing his concerns with (apparent) increasing intensity is impressive for an asian F/O, the question of not taking over is simply a question of whether the Ops Man states, in black and white, that it is a company requirement that he do so.
If it is NOT laid out as such he does not have the absolute support of the company for such actions and, like most, is more prepared to accept a possible incident or accident rather than the fallout of challenging the cultural norms and expectations.
And is that HIS fault?? Called a Catch-22 as far as I can see.

If it IS laid out in black and white then he has screwed himself bigtime.

If anyone cannot believe that F/O's are more willing to accept an incident or accident rather than challenge the culture - well I personally reckon that's the case and am happy to "agree to disagree" and leave it at that.

PK thanks for the exchanges - been interesting.