PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Information
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2007, 12:00
Pretzel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all..

I m starting to get slightly worried with the whole situation. no news regarding contracts, start dates etc...not even, we will contact you soon...

is there anyone out there who is actually going through the scheme? or have they added to the contract " no talking about it on pprune"... is there anyone to tell us what is actually happening and where the hidden costs are?!

Ok... so 5000 euros.. that gives us a TR, flights and accomodation in miami.. so far so good.

Then on arrival back in europe...

- do they pay for the flights to where ever they are sending us?'
- Do they organize accomodation for us... ( i have now found out we have to pay for this ) ..or do we have to sort this out before hand... i mean hotels in europe arent that cheap! Especially when you are on a budget!
- then does this mean we have to pay for taxis to go to work or rent a car?? I doubt it vry much that a european company will provide pilots with transport to and from accomodation . Or are we expected to do the public transport system??
- then once there.. who pays for the flights to india...? I assume it would be jet.. but at the moment, from what i can see .. they ll probably say.. you pay...
- been speaking to others regarding this.. who then pays for the uniform during the line training etc .. i mean.. if its a charter company.. will they give us uniform etc or do we have to buy our own... a la ryanair...
- what about insurance etc... its all very pretty getting a contract from jet, but who covers the european flights ??

there are sure to be more hidden costs... anyone got any more ideas or budgets etc??

Pretzel