PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police/HEMS line pilot vacancy
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2007, 11:58
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the more constructive observations. I am constrained within the public sector pay restraints to be able to convince my employers of 'our' true worth. At the end of the day, a pilots package rests uncomfortably amongst those around him/her in the police world and takes time to be accepted.
I can assure you, that this 'package' for an entry level police line pilot, will escalate past the 50K mark very very quickly. That, in my opinion, is satisfactory remuneration for the post.

The market (highlighted by the official response to this and other adverts) is definitely changing. [Quality] pilots are most definitely in short supply, almost all the service providers are experiencing difficulties in this area and as mentioned earlier, the military pool has all but dried up as their lords and masters 'fixed' that problem some years ago.
I believe we are at the beginning of a market correction for better pay which has been a long time overdue. But what do you expect with an industry so small and so disjointed - no union to speak of. Market forces have finally taken charge of us rather than the other way round.
The new framework agreement has all but put paid to future contract pilotage [£100,000 for a contract pilot???]. Perhaps our time has come?

Helicpter pilots will never become rich - but is that the aim of the game?