PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 9th Apr 2007, 11:41
UAU242

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the test

ok guys, looks like i'm the first to get back so i'll start with the comments.

Firstly, that was tough!! I found the comprehension test quite easy, a couple of tricky ones in there, especially the last one. my first language is english and even i didnt have a clue a about what they meant with "east of the sun and west of the ,moon". Maybe someone else knows!

Maths questions got very very hard towards the end, i went for estimation as opposed to calculating them all. Actually i'd be very impressed if someone can do those on paper and without a calculator. But no worries, they're designed to be impossible!

As for the "technical/science" exam, it turned out to be a chemistry/biology/physics test! its been around 10 yrs since i did those and i'm struggling to understand which aspect of our aptitudes it was supposed to be testing! If someone knows then please tell me! I can understand physics, but chemistry?? Biology??? the application requirements said nothing about needing to know those subjects!
For those who werent there, it consisted of questions such as "how many atoms/molecules does water consist of" and "when do leaves create oxygen". "what happens to the water when you sit in the bath". "what is the name of the element Pb". what is the name of the process when metal rusts" or something like that! also a question on hydroelectricity. thats all i can remember at the moment.

Good luck to all that were there!

UAU242